Saturday 8 November 2014

Bits and Pieces


I'm just finishing off a few odds and ends for Do. Good Stitches Bee:


 

My sewing time was eroded yesterday by three trips to the sewing machine shop. The feed dogs wouldn't go back up having been dropped for the free motion quilting. Anyway I've had very little trouble from my machine in the last nearly 30 years so I guess I can't complain.
So there was a short delay before getting the binding made.


I began hand sewing while movie watching last night. 


But I'll need to watch another...! I'm not very speedy!

Here are my untrimmed blocks for November. Kathryn requested red crosses on a low volume background. I'm quite fond of these. They'd make a great baby quilt. I'll file that idea away for a future gift.



Next up a backing for the shirt quilt. The top is done and I really like it.

I have so many things I want to make at the moment, hope I can hold onto the ideas for when the time is available...?

Linking up with Freshly Pieced today. 

4 comments:

  1. I totally sympathise - is the list growing faster than you can get through it?:-) Your second red cross on low volume background looks like a whole quilt - I'm tempted to add that to my list! Look forward to seeing your shirt quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cherish quilt looks fantastic, Camilla, brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved seeing the do good stitches quilt come together :) (I can see one of my blocks <3)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the oranges and grays you used in this quilt. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read them and always try to reply by email. If you're a no reply blogger I won't be able to email you though so check back for a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...