A great to chance to get to know some new bloggers. It's been great to find lots of new people via the Bloggers Quilt Festival recently.
Here are the rules:
11 Things about me:1. I'm not too good at these things about me! I don't know if others struggle a bit with how to be really be themselves in a public forum?
2. I'm sometimes indecisive- I think?...
3. I'm exactly between E and I on Myers Briggs
4. I lived in England until I was 10
5. I consider myself a NZer
6. This is my second stint living in Australia
7. I love my work as a counsellor- helping people to make sense of their lives and find better ways to live and grow.
8. I used to be a high school English teacher, now I prefer to save my teenage energy for my own 3 teenagers
9. I love the great outdoors-Beautiful wild and desolate places refresh me
10. I once had to urgently kick a goat out of a toilet on an Indian train in order to make use of the facilities-such as they were! (No time for photos!)
11. I do better with deadlines
I've been asked:1. My favourite city to visit- Well there are so many the world over that I'd like to explore and so many I've loved, but an easy place for me to get to, and one I do enjoy for a break and to spend time with friends there is Melbourne.
2. My music taste is pretty eclectic! My kids always roll their eyes when I answer these type of questions with "it depends on my mood" -but that could mean Ella Fitzgerald or Chet Baker on a Friday night chill out time through Reggae/Dub like UB40 or Fat Freddy's Drop, Alternative Rock that my son's introducing us to, or the whole spectrum of Classical. When no-one's home I'll often put on Liszt or Chopin
3 My favourite place to link up is hard to say since I'm fairly new to all this, but I do often link to My Creative Space which I enjoy.
4. I think time and money aren't really the issue with stopping my crafting-not that they're limitless in any way-! But in fact being creative isn't ever easy and even if those things were limitless I'm sure I'd somehow find another procrastinatory excuse. I need to make time and choose to spend it (and $) in ways that are significant, because otherwise it's frittered or squandered.
5. Tools/toys/machines- I have no idea what I'd buy-well actually lately since making a triangle quilt, I've thought that a die cutter like Go Cutter or Sissix might be handy!
6. I don't really watch TV- the occasional doco on SBS
7. My best bargain find is the one I'm going to trip over next week!
8. In NZ my favourite season in my hometown down South is winter which is quite cold but generally clear and crisp.
|This is from a particularly snowy year|
9. I can't say I've ever succeeded with gardening- I never seem to get past the weeding stage and plant my veges too late, but I'm tending tomatoes and courgettes lovingly this year and hoping for the best..! So I don't really like to garden, but I'd like to like to...!
10. I was inspired to start blogging to be a bit accountable (mainly to myself) to being more creatively active. I'd been reading so many inspiring sewing blogs and was starting to feel that I was living vicariously on other people's creativity. I wrote a bit more about why I started blogging here.
Reading back over these answers I see that I haven't really been definitive about any of them, so you see that's something else about me!
My questions for you are:
- What is one of the best places you've been to?
- Where would you like to travel to, even if not possible at the moment?
- What's the best thing you've made?
- What do your family/friends think about your blogging?
- What else do you like to do in your spare time other than make stuff?
- What's the last good book you read?
- What's on your "to read" list?
- What's your real job?
- Would you choose it again? Why or why not?
- How many places (different towns) have you lived in since you were born?
- If you weren't living where you are, where would you live?
I'm tagging:Knotted Cotton
Blackbird has Spoken
Quilting at Square One
Sunshine and Paradise