Like many of the people I've been reading, I have a few WsIP and many many more planned. I have a few fabric stacks around the place and lots of ponderings in my head and a few on paper in my journal.
1. First up on the finishing is probably my older son's computer sleeve.
I think I'll give up on the leather, at least with turned edges and lining, for the time being.
2. Next is the as yet nameless quilt which was waiting for the right blue for the backing, but that excuse long since expired and the pile of pieces has been languishing in the cupboard for many months.
On the subject of quilt names, I've struggled to name them, seems a bit try hard somehow, but it's certainly less cumbersome when describing them, so perhaps I'll try to come up with some this year.
Suggestions welcome on names for past and future projects....?
The following are only in progress in my head and as fabric piles:('Scuse some of these photos taken at night in bad light, can't delay this post any more by taking new ones!)
1. Table mats as a birthday gift for a family member.
2. Computer case from these fabrics for my daughter
3. An envelope clutch in this pattern from Anna at Noodlehead (whose patterns are great btw) in this combination of black silk with orange lining for my daughter's formal
4. A skirt for me
5. A wall hanging inspired by this photo:
6. Another small piece with Australian colours and inspired by Australian Indigenous art
7. Another table runner or something with these:
8. A cross quilt using text fabrics and some other accents.
9. My biggest and most challenging idea is a large piece utilising shot cottons or similar, returning to the gum bark inspirations which began with this. It plays away in my mind with possibilities and techniques gleaned from here and here and I'm trying not to be put off before I start by thoughts like "It might not work"!! I don't want this to be last on my list...!
10. Plus of course there's the Simply Solids bee I've joined which will give ongoing interest, not to mention deadlines...
Hopefully this list will be supplemented too with little items as the need/whim arises for gifts etc.
The order of these will be fluid and I need to keep in mind that this list is about encouragement for me to create, rather than a stick for me to beat myself with!
Have you got a list of things you want to create this year?