Thursday 14 February 2013

WiP Wednesday

I just have a couple of Works in Progress at the moment but a very long list in my head which I began to list in the New Year here. There's a bit of a time frame for the envelope clutch  I'm making for my daughter's school formal on Friday... but it's all under control...



The lining is in orange (more burnt than it looks here) like her dress. There's a small zippered pocket and we opted not to add the card slots, which are another pattern option. I hadn't done a pocket/zip this way before and it's very easy and neat. 
(pattern from Anna at Noodlehead)

The outside is a soft black silk with a subtle dot as part of the weave.





So now I just have to assemble it, tho' I didn't realise I still had black in the bobbin for the topstitching until I'd attached the flap to the bag and I'd already unpicked it once to place the magnetic snap (duh!), so I'm thinking i'll redo the topstitching if I can safely negotiate the snap...Should I do it?


The other work in progress is the straight-line quilting on this. Which is going  slo-ow-ly! Partly because it's large-ish, but mostly because I'm not having big chunks of time for it.




Still debating whether to continue across the whole quilt or turn 90 degrees for some sections?


Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced-Actually I was too late- I'll try again another time...


1 comment:

  1. that clutch is such a clever wee project. and i love the blue on white stripy/check fabric, i think it reminds me of a dress i had as a kid in the 70's! how are your tomato's doing?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read them and always try to reply by email. If you're a no reply blogger I won't be able to email you though so check back for a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...