Monday 26 October 2015

Zippy Pouch Love

Fun to have a long weekend for Labour Weekend here in NZ and some unexpected sewing time on Saturday to whip up this zippy pouch for a friend's birthday yesterday.




I used Anna's tried and true Open Wide Pouch tutorial.
I had a canvas like remnant with these whacko trees from Ikea which is so whimsical and fun.



And I lined it with an Architextures piece, with an accent for the zip pull from another one of my favourite colours and prints. Love Carolyn Friedlander's fabrics! I managed to resist buying her last range (Doe) since I haven't used up the Architextures and Botanics yet; but I may come to regret that decision, since she's about to bring out yet another stunning collection. I'm just trying not to buy too much fabric which I don't have a specific plan for... On the other hand it's so great having something perfect on hand when inspiration strikes.

I think the wee gift was well received and these pouches are so useful so hopefully it'll be put to good use.


What's your plan for an ideal stash? How do your intentions work in reality? What size cut do you buy and do you make rules for yourself? Do share!

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I love to read them and always try to reply by email. If you're a no reply blogger I won't be able to email you though so check back for a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...